How the Ultrasonic Scalpel System works
With the rapid development of minimally invasive surgical techniques, the Ultrasonic Scalpel System has been introduced as a new type of surgical instrument, which has led to the continuous updating of surgical instruments and has many advantages such as more precise surgery, no crust formation, and clearer intraoperative vision. The Ultrasonic Scalpel System has been widely used in surgical procedures. Today, Qianjing will take you through the working principle of Ultrasonic Scalpel System.
(A) Principle of operation.
The Ultrasonic Scalpel System consists of a main unit, a handle, a cutter head, a foot pedal, and other major components. The handle has a transducer that converts the high-frequency electrical energy provided by the host generator into ultrasonic mechanical vibration energy, and transmits it to the knife head while delivering ultrasonic energy to hemostatic cutting or coagulation of tissue, and the vibration frequency of the knife head is about 55.5kHz.
The high power ultrasound can make the tissue cells in contact with the blade instantly water vaporization, protein hydrogen bond break, cell disintegration and thus cut the tissue, the frictional heat energy caused by the mechanical vibration in cutting the tissue at the same time for coagulation and hemostasis, the correct choice of the blade can complete different surgeries.
The ultrasound tip has two lobes, one is the working blade that applies ultrasound and the other has a white pad with teeth. The purpose of this white pad is to better clamp the tissue to enhance the coagulation effect, and the use of its working lobe can cut directly like an electric knife.
(ii) Clinical applications.
1、Ultrasonic Scalpel System inside the ultrasonic knife head classification ultrasonic knife head has a variety of types, can be selected according to the use of the situation. According to the size is divided into 5mm, 10mm tip, of which 10mm tip has sharp, blunt, flat three blade surface; according to the shape is divided into curved tip, linear tip.
2, the advantages of ultrasonic knife is: compared to monopolar electric knife is the use of high-frequency current generator to generate high-frequency current to make the body tissue local high temperature, so as to achieve the purpose of coagulation and hemostasis.
And ultrasonic knife is a mechanical injury part of the thermal injury, compared with the electric knife, Ultrasonic Scalpel System has obvious advantages.
(1) It can complete the function of separating, cutting and stopping hemorrhage at one time, and reduce the replacement of instruments.
(2) Ultrasonic Scalpel System working temperature is much smaller than the electric knife and laser (high-frequency electric knife 150 ℃, laser 350 ℃), less heat production, will not damage the surrounding tissue because of thermal injury, usually used when the electric knife electrocoagulation working temperature of 150 ~ 400 ℃, the thermal effect of 2.5 ~ 4 mm, easy to damage the surrounding tissue. When ultrasonic knife is used, the local temperature is lower than 85℃, and the thermal damage is smaller than that of traditional electric knife.
(3) When cutting, ultrasonic scalpel produces relatively less smoke, and the field of view is less affected during laparoscopic surgery.
(4) Ultrasonic Scalpel System can be used as an adjunct or alternative to electric knife, laser and scalpel for general surgery, plastic surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, urology, thoracic surgery, surgery to expose bony structures (such as spine and joint cavity) and other open and endoscopic surgeries.
(5) Since ultrasonic knife adopts the principle of ultrasonic cutting and coagulation, no electric current passes through the body, no conductive tissue damage occurs, and only the tip of the knife touches the patient area when working.
(6) Since ultrasonic knife only causes tissue drifting instead of carbonization, there is no chance of secondary bleeding due to scab shedding after surgery.